I've put some tought into this idea so if you would take the time to read this it would be appreciated
The time it takes to get hobby gear in this game is pretty insignificant. Many players rush to obby Jad to get their first obby shards and pieces.
This is totally understandable because why wouldn't you go for best in slot gear as soon as possible.
Now I've come up with an idea to prevent this. First we should perhaps make requirements to access these bosses. For instance you need at least 300 ROTS kills before you can access the obby bosses. These requirements can also scale down e.g. you need 150 Eradicator kills before you can access ROTS. Many players will see this as a punishment but in the long run it will be much more rewarding to have those obby shards.
These requirements should also be implemented to the armor itself otherwise you can just buy obby and wear it.
Many end game players find it difficult to do rewarding content in the end phase of the game. Many start grinding bandos for spell power, but there is nothing rewarding about it. Afking for days at bandos is in my opinion not the best/rewarding way of obtaining best in slot gear.
I would remove spell power from all bosses and add spell power as a basic reward to Raids. These Raids would be a collection of bosses already existing in the game but with e.g. more life points and accuracy like ROTS. These raids will all have requirements to enter.
No Banking in Raids, but after you clear each room you get a number of supplies to carry you to the next room.
- Req: 10b exp - 1k of each GWD boss - 500 ROTS - 200 obby jad - 200 obby king
- Party size: 2-3 players (you can always try to solo)
- 5 rooms:
- 1st Room: Fight all gwd bosses at once
- 2nd Room: Fight the Trio bosses one by one (not all at once)
- 3rd Room: Fight Dragith Nurn
- 4th Room: Fight obby jad and obby king at once
- 5th Room: New boss or HM trio?
- Potiential Rewards (everyone gets (different) rewards not like HM trio):
- 100% 1 spell power scroll
- various good rewards as spin tix (if sof gets a rework), 100m tix, more spell power scrolls,...
- RARE rewards to be determined: but I would suggest obby shard, malevolent energies, tectonic, sirenic,...
- ULTRA rewards: Pet with perks? Raid armor (that would make the raid easier and is best in slot inside of the raid)?
- Requirement: 500 Novice Raids + ...
END GAME RAID:
- Requirement: 500 Intermediate raids + ...
If you guys love this idea I would build further on it + implement the feedback. If it is not possible to code (which I doubt) I'll delete this post.