EradicationX - Reborn
Sadie ツ

Custom Donations

Hello,

We've recently gotten a lot of questions revolving custom donations. Some players have asked us whether it's ok that they purchase such donations, meaning that they'll buy something that is not listed on the store website.  

Since custom donations have been highly requested, we're wanting to know your opinion on them, so we're not making any pre-mature choices. We are currently NOT allowing any custom donations, but dependent on the feedback on this we might do so. 

Questions:

• Gear Donations: Should you be able to purchase armoury such as obsidian, elite weapons etc...?

• Item Donations: Should you be able to purchase non-obtainable in-game items?  (They'll still give competitive advantage)

• Untradeable Donations: Should you be able to purchase gear that grants competitive advantage, but is untradeable?

• Cosmetic Donations: Should you be able to purchase items that are un-obtainable in-game if they grant no competitive advantage?

Please leave a vote on the poll and feel free to leave a reason behind your vote.

Thanks,
EradicationX Staff Team.

Totally taking the grind out if people can donate for the best items in game.. and could possibly result in people quitting earlier on. Since they would in a way have nothing to shoot for because they have the best of the best. If option 1  passes it better be super expensive. Almost to the point where people question if its a joke or not.

12 minutes ago, brax said:

Totally taking the grind out if people can donate for the best items in game.. and could possibly result in people quitting earlier on. Since they would in a way have nothing to shoot for because they have the best of the best. If option 1  passes it better be super expensive. Almost to the point where people question if its a joke or not.

I agree with this 100%, untradable stuff that doesn't give you an " advantage " in my eyes is fine, but if you start adding stuff like armor/weapons it will hurt more then help.

I think there should be untradable pets available, such as santa etc.

As for cosmetics i don't see an issue. It's a cosmetic after all. it does nothing but look good.

Edited by Ben

The only custom donations that should be allowed would be unobtainable cosmetic items ones if you ask me. Though, there is only a hand full of good looking ones in the cache as of now. One downside I can see with this, is that this might remove some potential content updates regarding cosmetic rewards etc.

I'd also make these kind of donations very expensive to keep them rare in the economy.

Regarding to allow people to donate for unobtainable items with stats, would that mean you would change the current stats of that item or keep it as is? Even though I highly doubt that there is going out there that's better than obsidian etc, excluding moderator items of course. 

Donating for obtainable gear should not be allowed, just for the reasons of causing unfair advantage that was previously mentioned. Some people grind for items, spend hours trying to get them or to reach a certain goal. Having this will just destroy that, as Brax said I believe. It will also make us look greedy.

i agree with Brax, when u can buy best armour, best gear ingame. you'll get bored very fast. 

A huge part of rs is the ability to be unique or at least fashion scape right now the server doesn't really offer costumes that look good tbh I would I like to see more cosmetics items added to normal ingame store before I see them on donations page 

4 hours ago, Google said:

A huge part of rs is the ability to be unique or at least fashion scape right now the server doesn't really offer costumes that look good tbh I would I like to see more cosmetics items added to normal ingame store before I see them on donations page 

I second that