Store is Closed Read more... ×
EradicationX - Reborn
Sign in to follow this  
Mister

Player owned shops

Don't know how many would agree because player owned shops are usually 50/50 on private servers but I just feel like they're a lot easier way to sell your un wanted items whilst offline or whilst you go bossing etc without having to actually do anything I mean you could implement a system where the shop takes 5% of any money that you make so that there is a down side to using it since it is a lazy way of selling so say you sell something for 100m the shop will take 5m and you will get 95m.

Would be a nice feature to be honest. The only thing I don't like about it is that it would probably kill the active marketing over yell/friends chat. Which kind of indicates on having an active community ingame, and not just having people supposedly being afk at home.

Yeah that's why I propose using it takes money off your profit so that it discourages people from selling junk on it because it would be pointless selling junk because of the cost to use it.

I'm not sold on the concept of player owned shops. I fear it will cause the economy to crash. Seeing as people will be able to see multiple offers for a certain item they will try to undercut the others and lower their price in order to get their copy of the item sold faster. The same thing happened with rank lending years ago. It lead up to crazy low erad lend prices and made us add the minimum prices for rank lending that are in the game right now.
Secondly there is also a community aspect to it as Papi mentioned which would mostly disappear. As it is right now you can still haggle a bit about the price or make alternative offers with items, I fear that would disappear for a big part as well. Yeah, sure you'll still be able to use the "old" methods for buying/selling items but that market would get a lot smaller.

I do understand that it would be a hell of a lot more convenient to sell your items, rather than having to advertise them over and over in the fc, but I do fear it will have a vast negative impact on the economy.
I'd propose an alternative mechanic where people can list certain items they want to sell and others would be able to leave a comment on that, letting others know what they'll offer for it. I doubt this would be too useful though seeing as it's basically the same thing as the market section on the discord/forums but then ingame.

Edited by Axiz

I agree with both Axiz and Papi, on it will take away the communication between players and also ruin the "activeness" of the community. But, yes the idea is not a bad one it would make selling items "easier" but it takes away the haggling of prices, it also takes away from people wanting to exchange items or even make other offers on the items they want to sell. As Axiz brought up people will undercut people and ruin the eco.

-Xilento

xilent.png

5 hours ago, Axiz said:

I'm not sold on the concept of player owned shops. I fear it will cause the economy to crash. Seeing as people will be able to see multiple offers for a certain item they will try to undercut the others and lower their price in order to get their copy of the item sold faster. The same thing happened with rank lending years ago. It lead up to crazy low erad lend prices and made us add the minimum prices for rank lending that are in the game right now.
Secondly there is also a community aspect to it as Papi mentioned which would mostly disappear. As it is right now you can still haggle a bit about the price or make alternative offers with items, I fear that would disappear for a big part as well. Yeah, sure you'll still be able to use the "old" methods for buying/selling items but that market would get a lot smaller.

I do understand that it would be a hell of a lot more convenient to sell your items, rather than having to advertise them over and over in the fc, but I do fear it will have a vast negative impact on the economy.
I'd propose an alternative mechanic where people can list certain items they want to sell and others would be able to leave a comment on that, letting others know what they'll offer for it. I doubt this would be too useful though seeing as it's basically the same thing as the market section on the discord/forums but then ingame.

agreeing with noobxiz :Sloth: i will definetly make buying/selling easier but eco will crash 😕

100% supported but you should have at least $10-$25 donated on your acc first to able to place an item into the POS

Neutral +/-

Would have to agree with papi and axis, as the idea of a player owned shop could increase supply, it will crash demand a lot causing the economy to sink.

I +1 this but I feel like a better way of handling it would be either bidding, so it doesn't kill prices by allowing someone else to immediately price it lower, or set a limit on what can be put in there. Example: no obby, ranks(or at least the top ranks), elite weps, flammy, etc. since they're xxx$$. Maybe set like a 10b limit? or like 8 or something to get the lower items flowing like regular rcr, asc, etc.