Store is Closed Read more... ×
EradicationX - Reborn
Axiz

Boss revival

I think everyone can agree with me that there are a couple bosses which are just dead content albeit for different reasons. A couple examples would be Avator of Destruction, Sea Troll Queen, Seasinger Mage, Blink, King Black Dragon, Nomad, Hati, Dagannoth Kings, Nex. Some of those bosses would be rather easy to revive, whilst others are a bit more tricky and I doubt I'll come up with solutions for every single one. I'll be giving some suggestions as to how those bosses could be revived.

• Blink
    This boss simply has way too much HP. Blink has 25.000 HP, just to give you a reference Nex has 30.000 and bandos has 2.600. This boss already has some decent drops so just lowering its health to make it viable to kill could possibly make this guy more popular.

• Nex
    I think this boss is quite an interesting one, or at least it has got the most interesting mechanics out of all the bosses in the game. The "problem" here is that one solo kill takes roughly 15-20 minutes whilst the rewards are rather mediocre. The nex items being available in the donation store does not help out here either. I'd suggest reworking the rewards, adding some kind of unlocks. A reward such as unlocks for a range/mage version for turmoil in the form of a tradeable scroll would be excellent here in my opinion. The only problem would then be that it can be easily farmed with DTD's. They would have to be disabled, or it will be dead content once again.

• Seasinger Mage
    Seasinger already has its own unique armour set, yet nobody uses it. I think its clear that this armour would be the key to the revival of this boss. As I mentioned in another post make it a viable option for mage armour by giving it a magic damage boost in line with subjugation (preferably slightly better.)

• Nomad
    This guy is in the same boat as nex, It's a finished boss with interesting mechanics, yet no interesting rewards. The only reason people decide to kill him is for the achievement. i'll be discussing possible drops later in this thread.

• Avatar of destruction, Sea Troll Queen, Hati
    I think everyone can agree here that none of those bosses drop anything worth your time. The only reason I find myself ever going there would be a slayer task. Again, I'll be discussing possible drops later on in this thread.

• King Black Dragon, Dagannoth Kings
    Those two are bosses that have always been around on Runescape and hold some sort of nostalgia for many players I think. Personally DKS have always been my favourite boss for example, due to its unique tribrid nature. You have basically got 2 finished bosses right here that are not a real part of the server. Just make them accessible and give them some worthwile drops.

Possible drops to add in general

Seeing as the eco of this server really can't handle a bigger flow of items into the game I'd rather stick with untradeable rewards or cash related rewards.

• To stay in line with what King Black Dragon is some kind of shield could be added. KBD could for example drop 3 different kinds of visages (untradeable) when combined with an anti-fire shield would make a shield (tradeable). I realise shields are considered mostly dead content on here so the stats would have to be considerably high. Some shields however have a couple nice niche uses, I myself often use a scarlet spirit shield for example. So adding this shield and giving it stats comparable to the scarlet spirit shield and obsidian kite (perhaps combine some of the elements from both those shields) would make for an item that's not considered "overpowered" and would not be considered BIS everywhere but it would still be a useful item with some niche uses.

• Another thing could make for a very nice drop in my opinion would be some kind of token that you could use to instantly complete the cooldown on an aura. Those would have to be made untradeable and rare enough, otherwise everyone would be running around with an aura active 24/7, which is obviously not the desired outcome here.

• Other rewards I had in mind are skilling supplies comparable to Protean items on RS3. I don't play RS3 myself, but if I'm correct Protean items are stackable skilling supplies (e.g. bars, planks, logs...) which provide the best xp/h in that skill but dont get you any profit at all. The problem here is that it would rapidly become dead content again after reaching 400m in that skill. I'm not sure what would work best if this were to be added. If made untradeable there would be no incentive for maxed players to go there at all seeing as they dont have a use for those items. The newer players however would be "forced" to kill those bosses if they want to get faster skilling xp. If made tradeable the maxed players would have an excess of those items and basically give them away for free to new players (cf. Frost bones from Gradum) and those newer players would not have as much incentive to go there anymore.

Something like this would work excellently with easier bosses (seeing as it would be aimed towards newer players) such as Avatar of Destruction, Sea Troll Queen, and Hati. splitting up the different skills (crafting, smithing, fletching, firemaking, construction...) between those bosses would keep them all somewhat relevant and prevent one of them from being the fastest way of gathering the supplies and leaving the others in its shadow.

• Other rewards that could be easily added where needed are items with a high store price. Some kind of emblems for example that can be sold to the sell shop for cash. This would obviously not reward people with insane amounts of cash,  it would just be something to make it worth your time. Sure, I realise that this is kind of a dumb reward, and I think it should be avoided of adding this kind of system to too many bosses. But at least it rewards players with something small instead of killing that one boss 30 times for a slayer task and ending up with no loot at all.

I highly doubt those rewards I mentioned here would be enough to revive all of the bosses I mentioned so if anyone has some other suggestions feel free to leave a comment. Or if you have any remarks on anything I wrote in this thread feel free to leave a comment as well. I love getting feedback on what I write and hearing people's thoughts on my idea's (both positive and negative), so please let me know.

Edited by Axiz

I absolutely agree with the untradeables and rares and stuff. I Didn't really read everything (sorry lol) but I did read the part of adding Torment ( mage version of turmoil) and anguish (range version of turmoil) to nex, that'll definitely revive that boss and I've always wanted to try it out. As well as the idea on the aura cool downs, I'd love that.  +1 

Edited by Versace

I like the way you think about reviving these bosses. E.g adding those scrolls to nex, skilling supplies etc. Big fan.

You've got my support.

I'm a big fan of the suggestions, mainly when it comes to Nex. That's definitely a good idea to revive the dead-content. 
Seasinger is one of the tiers we're reworking in order to get room for the new armour sets coming with t90, so you can expect a change in that. 

About the suggestion in general, we'll look into it and see what we can do.

- Sadie

I like the suggestiion on the dead-content revival as I'm sure people have said before me, but I'm not sure on the exact drops, i'm sure if we decide to look into this with much detail we will figure something out we think will be beneficial as you said and not just become more dead- content. 

But overall good suggestion +1.

-Xilento

xilent.png